All times are UTC

Post subject: Botting in offline games
Thanked: 0 time(s)  Unread post Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:45 pm 
Gold Contributor
Gold Contributor

Been thanked: 58 time(s)
Has thanked: 123 time(s)
Contribution Points: 1118
It's just a random silly idea I had.. Would it be possible to bot in non-online games where e.g maybe you can't find the cheats that you'd need?

For example (because I can't think of anything better right now) you play Pokemon on an emulator and you want to catch a shiny. So you set the bot to walking around in circles in the tall grass with autoheal etc, and kill everything that's not a shiny. Leave it be for a few hours, come back, have a team of shiny pokemon!
Bad example because directly cheating a shiny would be easier and faster.

Well at least this method would not be.. real cheating...? You just let "someone" else press the buttons for you. When a friend asks, you can say, without lying "I did not use action replay codes!" :lol: (you could even record it and call it a let's play, ha..ha..)

And other games might be hackable on different ways, but I for example would not know how to do it (except for downloading trainers and whatever trojans might be attached to them).
So I hope you get my idea.

Maybe I'll experiment around with that - not to gain anything in a game itself, just simply because the idea of making a bot for this sounds fun. And more interesting than just entering a cheat code and that's it. x)

Post subject: Re: Botting in offline games
Thanked: 0 time(s)  Unread post Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:18 pm 
Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor

Been thanked: 12 time(s)
Has thanked: 4 time(s)
Contribution Points: 34
BlueMoon wrote:
It's just a random silly idea I had.. Would it be possible to bot in non-online games where e.g maybe you can't find the cheats that you'd need?

For example (because I can't think of anything better right now) you play Pokemon on an emulator and you want to catch a shiny. So you set the bot to walking around in circles in the tall grass with autoheal etc, and kill everything that's not a shiny. Leave it be for a few hours, come back, have a team of shiny pokemon!
Bad example because directly cheating a shiny would be easier and faster.

Well at least this method would not be.. real cheating...? You just let "someone" else press the buttons for you. When a friend asks, you can say, without lying "I did not use action replay codes!" :lol: (you could even record it and call it a let's play, ha..ha..)

And other games might be hackable on different ways, but I for example would not know how to do it (except for downloading trainers and whatever trojans might be attached to them).
So I hope you get my idea.

Maybe I'll experiment around with that - not to gain anything in a game itself, just simply because the idea of making a bot for this sounds fun. And more interesting than just entering a cheat code and that's it. x)

I think that's not a bad idea but i ask you: you want to waste your time to made a bot that you will use only sometimes in a offline game? maybe is better use it in the online an become one of the best players than you don't have only a friend that is jealous of you but a whole server ;)