All times are UTC

Post subject: terminate schedule
Thanked: 0 time(s)  Unread post Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:29 pm 
New User
New User

Been thanked: 0 time(s)
Has thanked: 1 time(s)
Contribution Points: 16
Hey there, first of all i would like to say great job really for this amazing program not just gaming wise but also as a program it have many great applications so thanks a lot for the creators.
as for my request, i was wondering if there is a way i can terminate a local macro schedule, like i schedule a macro to do a certain job and once its done it will repeat it after 2 seconds but then i did another macro and i dont want them to overlap, so i wrote press ctrl and another letter as soon as the other macro start to stop the first one but since the first one works every 2 seconds it will restart even tho i stopped it. SOOOO, is there a way to make the first macro schedule set to "Never" just temporary until the second macro finish executing.
I'm sorry for this long request and thanks in advance

Post subject: Re: terminate schedule
Thanked: 1 time(s)  Unread post Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:53 am 
Partner / License admin
Partner / License admin

Been thanked: 389 time(s)
Has thanked: 30 time(s)
Contribution Points: 16313
There's quite a few ways to do this...you can look under Documentation pages - Instructions - Macro and browse different ways to either pause or stop other macros: viewforum.php?f=166

So, one way would be to use "pause macro named" in your newest macro to pause the first (2sec repeating) macro. Along those same lines, you can pause all macros or stop 1/all macros. Depending on what you used, you can "resume" all macros or by name; or you "execute" new macro if you stopped it.

Another totally different way would be to combine your macros into one and have them as separate functions. Then you can time when you want your new one to run and in between you can run your repeating one...I think it's easier to keep track of that way, but it will be more work for you since you already have both of them written separately.

Good luck and have fun! Glad you're enjoying BEM.

Forum Rules
Reminder of rules regarding Contribution points
Getting started in 1, 2, 3
Virtual Drivers; Manual Installers

Post subject: Re: terminate schedule
Thanked: 0 time(s)  Unread post Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:30 am 
New User
New User

Been thanked: 0 time(s)
Has thanked: 1 time(s)
Contribution Points: 16
Syrifina wrote:
There's quite a few ways to do this...you can look under Documentation pages - Instructions - Macro and browse different ways to either pause or stop other macros: viewforum.php?f=166

So, one way would be to use "pause macro named" in your newest macro to pause the first (2sec repeating) macro. Along those same lines, you can pause all macros or stop 1/all macros. Depending on what you used, you can "resume" all macros or by name; or you "execute" new macro if you stopped it.

Another totally different way would be to combine your macros into one and have them as separate functions. Then you can time when you want your new one to run and in between you can run your repeating one...I think it's easier to keep track of that way, but it will be more work for you since you already have both of them written separately.

Good luck and have fun! Glad you're enjoying BEM.

thanks a lot so what i did was i paused all other macros in that specific macro and i made an if statement
if macro.is not running (the major one)
^___^ i really appreciate your help thanks again