Lately I have been dealing with many many pms every single day from new members of the forum who thinks its ok to spam and attempt to cheat with "Thanks" to get a free license.
Instead of keeping replying each of you individually, from now on I will just link to this post, so please read this reminder of the rules below:Rules regarding contribution points:
- Points are not meant to be "earned" to get a license.
- Points are just a way for me to be able to give away free licenses to GENUINELY active and helpful members who deserves it.
- Creating spam (a lot of short non-helpful messages, smileys etc.) to get points wont get you a license, instead your points will be removed.
- Cheating with thanks in any way will get all your points taken away + "thanks" deleted.
- Creating a new account, then post a lot of short posts in 4-5 days, then ask for a free license - you will almost guaranteed be turned down.
- Returning only a few days every month, just enough for a license - will get the same treatment as mentioned above.
- I review posts made by a user whenever a request is made for a free license.
- Severe or repeated violations will result in reset of points + ban.
If you are helpful around the forum, help out other members, share your work etc.
I will always be more than happy to create your free licenses.
If you do not, thats fine as well, then you can purchase your license by clicking the "Obtain license" button inside BEM.The best way to think about Contribution Points:
Points are not supposed to be earned, if you are eligible for a free license, you will always have more than enough points by simply being a genuinely active member
.On a final node:
I truly appreciate all the hard work and good intentions from the many of you who contributes to making this forum a better place, and for your sake too, I will from now on be a lot more strict when it comes to free licenses, not to save licenses, but to make a clear point that it does not pay off to create spam or cheat with "thanks", which obviously annoys everyone.
For the majority of you, who plays by the rules, there will be no change, you will of course continue to get your free licenses as always.
I don't intend to make it any harder to get free licenses for legitimate users, there will just be a quicker and more severe consequence for those who try to abuse the system.
For more general information, please read:viewtopic.php?f=385&t=4670Quote from the above link:Important:
If you discover that your license has expired, then within a short period of time create a bunch of non-helpful / low-value posts to "earn" enough points for a license - Your license will not be created! Instead your points will be removed.
Same goes for users returning once a month, to create a bunch of new posts, with the same intentions as above.
Repeated violations will result in a permanent ban.
Users requesting a license shortly after creating their forum account, will have their posts reviewed before a license is created.
Replying to a lot of topics with "Thank you", "Great work", "This really helped me" is not generally categorized as spam, but will be if you are suspected of Contribution Point soliciting.
New accounts with just 100 contribution points and a bunch of short posts, all within a very short period of time, will almost guaranteed be declined a license.
This may sound strict, but is necessary to avoid spam on the forum, annoying every one here.