Post subject: Crystal Saga II Bot
Thanked: 0 time(s)  Unread post Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:02 am 
New User
New User

Been thanked: 0 time(s)
Has thanked: 1 time(s)
Contribution Points: 13
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone here has any knowledge on receiving / sending server packets from a game to create a bot.

Similar to how people have botted Pokemon Go but I want to create one for CSII.

Any information on where I can get started or get help on something like this would be greatly appreciated. I would like to learn how myself so if you can point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it as I know this is a macro forum.

It has been done for CS1 and CS2, but it is not publicly available as the person is using the bot to farm in game items and currency to then sell for a profit. MALLMMO is what I'm referring to, they have thousands of characters running around in all servers simultaneously.

Thank you.

P.S. Is there any risk to doing something like this? I assume there isn't since a lot of people have done it for Pokemon Go and there is one person doing it for profit on CS1/CS2, but just to double check.

Post subject: Re: Crystal Saga II Bot
Thanked: 1 time(s)  Unread post Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:27 pm 
Partner / License admin
Partner / License admin

Been thanked: 344 time(s)
Has thanked: 25 time(s)
Contribution Points: 15657
We don't really discuss packet editing on this forum. There's a few reasons for it, but mainly because it can greatly harm the gaming company and community. We have some "underground" discussions about it and they used to be limited to VIPs, but you may be able to view some...here's a link: viewtopic.php?f=373&t=2570. If you can't view it, then access is still limited to VIPs (and those invited).

Quote:
P.S. Is there any risk to doing something like this?
Yes. If it's released publically, it's really easy to detect. All of the games who have packet editing exploits usually ban everyone who have used it and also do server roll-backs.

Forum Rules
Reminder of rules regarding Contribution points
Getting started in 1, 2, 3
Virtual Drivers; Manual Installers

Thanked: 0 time(s)  Unread post Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:30 pm 
New User
New User

Syrifina wrote:
We don't really discuss packet editing on this forum. There's a few reasons for it, but mainly because it can greatly harm the gaming company and community. We have some "underground" discussions about it and they used to be limited to VIPs, but you may be able to view some...here's a link: viewtopic.php?f=373&t=2570. If you can't view it, then access is still limited to VIPs (and those invited).

Quote:
P.S. Is there any risk to doing something like this?
Yes. If it's released publically, it's really easy to detect. All of the games who have packet editing exploits usually ban everyone who have used it and also do server roll-backs.

I see, would you be able to point me to a forum board that does? I wasn't able to view it.

I want it for personal use only. I love this game, played it back in 2011 and since on and off, but it is heavily dependent on cash to progress so I figured I'd find away around it since I don't have loads to spend. R2 and the developers of Crystal Saga are lazy and incompetent, they don't do much maintaining of the players, just implementing more ways to rake in the cash. There was a bug that allowed players to duplicate items a while back, they didn't do a roll back, some players got a 2 week ban, but that was it, all the duplicated items remained and they maxed out their characters without punishment.

If they were doing anything about it MALLMMO would not be operating because they have THOUSANDS of characters in each server. CS1 has 100 servers and CS2 has 6.

I am new to all of this, just started learning HTML/CSS yesterday, I figured I'll work my way up. Besides I like learning this stuff, I can apply it in so many ways it's incredible.

Thanked: 0 time(s)  Unread post Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:41 am 
New User
New User

So did some searching around for packet editing and think I found a good place to start. Looks like I might need to learn how to read hexadecimals and maybe some C++, IDK yet, still reading about it. Just wanted to thank you for you input.

Thanked: 0 time(s)  Unread post Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:24 am 
Partner / License admin
Partner / License admin

Been thanked: 344 time(s)
Has thanked: 25 time(s)
Contribution Points: 15657
Check out "Cheat Engine" or other hex editors. You can use BEM to read from memory, but you'll need a hex editor to find the memory pointers. For macros, you can read your HP/MP and other stuff from memory instead of relying on visual indicators. I think it's a good first step before heading to packet editing. After you obtain the memory pointers, you can macro undetected (unlike what your trying to do)...you can also run the macros on minimized windows or in the background since your reading from memory.

Packet editing is a whole different animal. Most packets are encrypted so it will more likely be much more difficult than reading from memory.

Good Luck

Forum Rules
Reminder of rules regarding Contribution points
Getting started in 1, 2, 3
Virtual Drivers; Manual Installers