All times are UTC

Post subject: Pass triggers to variables and trigger logic
Thanked: 0 time(s)  Unread post Posted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:39 pm 
New User
New User

Been thanked: 5 time(s)
Has thanked: 2 time(s)
Contribution Points: 33
I'll feel like an idiot if this already exists but I didn't find it so here goes.

I think both of these are self explanatory, so basically I don't want to be limited to one trigger so maybe you could add
&& and || logic to triggers and secondly I want to be able to pass triggers to variable, for this maybe all the triggers
could be an array and we can select which one we want or maybe pass only the one I pressed or whatever, I'm sure you get the point.

Also please make it so that I can't increment the view counter on my posts by simply refreshing them.

Post subject: Re: Pass triggers to variables and trigger logic
Thanked: 1 time(s)  Unread post Posted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:13 pm 
Partner / License admin
Partner / License admin

Been thanked: 341 time(s)
Has thanked: 25 time(s)
Contribution Points: 15630
Thanks for the suggestion, we'll keep it mind for future updates if enough people are interested in this type of feature.

Your right, that we don't have multiple trigger options, but there are work-arounds to accomplish this. Look under "Documentation and Support" -> both instructions and criteria -> keyboard. There's many options on how to trigger macros using keystrokes (without using the default "trigger"). One example, similar to your second comment is using "Wait for one of the following keys to be pressed". If you use this followed by "if" statements for the keys, you can build an array which acts as triggers.

BEM can trigger itself (it's own triggers) if you have "keyboard.press key". You can use this with functions and at the end of the function press a key to trigger the next step/function/macro. You can also capture the last keypress and use it as a variable like you suggested.

Hopefully some of those suggestions will help you. If you have something specific in mind, just let us know and we'll try and help you out or maybe Gigus will decide on implementing this feature.

Lastly, in the upper right corner is a link to "View your posts", if you click on that and refresh from there, your post counts will not go up and you can see if anyone has replied them.

Forum Rules
Reminder of rules regarding Contribution points
Getting started in 1, 2, 3
Virtual Drivers; Manual Installers

Post subject: Re: Pass triggers to variables and trigger logic
Thanked: 0 time(s)  Unread post Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:54 pm 
New User
New User

Been thanked: 5 time(s)
Has thanked: 2 time(s)
Contribution Points: 33
Thanks for the suggestions, what you said works well but my main point sort of was the ability to pass triggers to variables
to for example I have 3 function and have them execute corresponding to what trigger I use so that I don't have to start the macro every time and then click whichever button makes them execute.

Also another feature I could think of is being able to use other instructions for instruction arguments, for example instead of:

Code:
     Macro.Get global loop iteration("i")
     if  Variable.Is equal to("i", "1")
          * do something

Make it possible to do this:

Code:
      if Variable.Is equal to(Macro.Get global iteration(), "1")
           *do something

As well I think adding multi line comments would be good for debugging or even the ability to use Ctrl+K+C like in VS to do // on every selected line.