All times are UTC

Post subject: verification codes
Thanked: 0 time(s)  Unread post Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:41 pm 
New User
New User

Been thanked: 0 time(s)
Has thanked: 1 time(s)
Contribution Points: 10
Hey all!!! first off let me say that I am loving blue eye macro. If this was already asked or answered please forgive me. However I am struggling a little bit here. I know I can program blue eye macro to do anything but I am struggling with verification codes. What I want to do is take a verification code thats emailed to me and then have blue eye macro type it out in a specific field.

For instance,

I get this verification code via email: (code will be different every time though)

I want to be able to have blue eye macro move to a field, click in it and then type out the code, in this case F720HJ

what would be a good way to logistically do this. I am trying not to have hundreds of line of code to do this, which I have a feeling will happen anyways. If someone could point me in the right direction that would be awesome. Thank you!!!!!!

LONG LIVE BLUE EYE MACRO

Post subject: Re: verification codes
Thanked: 1 time(s)  Unread post Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:34 am 
Partner / License admin
Partner / License admin

Been thanked: 535 time(s)
Has thanked: 38 time(s)
Contribution Points: 17741
Just depends on if the platforms have any safe-guards. Usually if a code is emailed to you then it's in a text format or at least something you can click in and then copy the code. It's just basic stuff after that.

It's a lot easier to explain if you show what you already have and then describe what part of that you are having problems with, otherwise we have to make a lot of assumptions and it could be all for nothing cuz it doesn't match up to what you're doing.

But the basics would be to copy the code. usually the location is in a static location because it's an automatically generated email; only the codes change. So you can just have BEM move the mouse to that static location and single or double click, press keys: ctrl-c, move to the "form" you're going to input to, click in the static location for that field, press keys: ctrl-v, the press key: enter or whatever you're doing after that.

If it's more complicated then you just need to adjust for those parts. There's tons of BEM instructions to pull data, so you can pull the codes many ways. If the input fields are moving, then you need to find a way to tell BEM which field it is. BEM is made to be intuitive, so think about how you do it and then look for instructions/criteria that do the same things.

Forum Rules
Reminder of rules regarding Contribution points
Getting started in 1, 2, 3
Virtual Drivers; Manual Installers

Thanked: 0 time(s)  Unread post Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:11 pm 
New User
New User

Been thanked: 0 time(s)
Has thanked: 1 time(s)
Contribution Points: 10
Syrifina wrote:
Just depends on if the platforms have any safe-guards. Usually if a code is emailed to you then it's in a text format or at least something you can click in and then copy the code. It's just basic stuff after that.

It's a lot easier to explain if you show what you already have and then describe what part of that you are having problems with, otherwise we have to make a lot of assumptions and it could be all for nothing cuz it doesn't match up to what you're doing.

But the basics would be to copy the code. usually the location is in a static location because it's an automatically generated email; only the codes change. So you can just have BEM move the mouse to that static location and single or double click, press keys: ctrl-c, move to the "form" you're going to input to, click in the static location for that field, press keys: ctrl-v, the press key: enter or whatever you're doing after that.

If it's more complicated then you just need to adjust for those parts. There's tons of BEM instructions to pull data, so you can pull the codes many ways. If the input fields are moving, then you need to find a way to tell BEM which field it is. BEM is made to be intuitive, so think about how you do it and then look for instructions/criteria that do the same things.

D'OH!!!!!!!! didnt think of that, thanks!!!!! I was able to set it up to open the email, and since the code will be in the same spot every time to move the mouse there and double click and then copy. I cant believe I didnt think of that. I was over thinking way to much!!!!! I have a set up thats not like others, I am running 6 monitors. I cant seem to get the investigator to see see my other monitors. Is there way I can have my email open on one of my other monitors while my main program in on my main monitor and have a different script running to see if a mail game through, pause my main macro, move the mouse to the 2nd monitor, do its thing, then move the mouse over to the main monitor to copy and paste the code? I can made due without it but it would make things so much easier for me if It could do that

Thanked: 0 time(s)  Unread post Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:19 am 
Partner / License admin
Partner / License admin

Been thanked: 535 time(s)
Has thanked: 38 time(s)
Contribution Points: 17741
Basically, searching for color, images, pixel patterns with BEM is limited to the primary window. There are some ways to extend it to a second monitor but it would also require the window to be top-most, which if you're using the primary monitor then the second monitor wouldn't have priority...so for your example, I don't think so.

I'm sure there's a way you could have a notification on the primary though, right? Do you have a mail notification in the task bar or anything, where BEM could look on the primary monitor?

What about sound? Depending on what email service you use, you could probably set up a custom sound like your voice saying "new mail" or something. Have BEM listen for [whatever you make] and then stop the running macro and start the "email code" one. Look in the documentation under instructions -> speech
- then you could also have that window minimized instead of on your second monitor.
- also, if you need an example, there's a thread here: viewtopic.php?f=122&t=7722

Forum Rules
Reminder of rules regarding Contribution points
Getting started in 1, 2, 3
Virtual Drivers; Manual Installers